Wednesday 5 June 2013

Judge yourself, you are the best judge.

Once upon a time there was a painter who
had
just completed his course. He took3 days
and
painted beautiful scenery. He wanted people’s
opinion about his caliber and painting
skills.
He put his creation at a busy street-
crossing . And
just down below a board which read -”I have painted this piece. Since I’m new to
this profession
I might have committedsome mistakes in
my
strokes etc. Please put a cross wherever
you see a mistake.”
While he came back in the evening to
collect his
painting he was completely shattered to
see that whole canvasswas filled with Xs
(crosses) and some people had even writtentheir
comments on
the painting.
Disheartened and broken completely he
ran to his
master’s place and burst into tears. This young artist was breathing heavily and
master heard him saying” I’m useless and
if this is what I
have learnt to paint I’m not worth
becoming a
painter. People have rejected me completely. I feel
like dying”
Master smiled and suggested “My Son, I will
prove
that you are a great artist and have learnt
flawless painting. Do as I say without questioning it. It will
work.”
Young artist reluctantly agreed and two
days later
early morning he presented a replica of his
earlier painting to his master. Master took that
gracefully
and smiled. “Come with me.” master said.
They reached the same street-square early
morning and displayed the same painting
exactly at the same place. Now master took out
another
board which read -”Gentlemen, I have
painted this
piece. Since I’m new to this profession I
might have committed some mistakes in my strokes etc. I
have put a box with colors and brushes just
below. Please do a favor. If you see a
mistake,
kindly pick up the brush and correct it.”
Master and disciple walked back home. They both visited the place same evening.
Young painter was surprised to see that
actually there was
not a single correction done so far. Next
day again
they visited and found painting remained untouched. The painting was keptthere for
a
month but no correctioncame in!
Moral of the story : It is easier to criticize,
but difficult to Improve!
So don’t get carried away or judge yourself by
someone else’s criticismand feel
depressed.
Judge yourself, you are the best judge!

No comments:

Post a Comment